One of Jeff's New Faces

One of Jeff's New Faces

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

James and Jeff

James and Jeff

Jeff and Lauren

Jeff and Lauren

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

More

How can it seem like yesterday and then seem so very long ago at the same time? Jeff's birth that is.

How I loved seeing Doug and Jeff together -- at any time of their lives -- especially moments of tenderness.  Doug was so sweet with Jeff especially when they were younger but even as they got older...Jeff with Kate and Doug ...Jeff tossing the lacrosse ball to Doug...And the two of them playing on the lacrosse field and my watching them play together. That was so incredible a feeling. I remember calling Jim's mother on the way home from that game and telling her what a thrill it was to hear the announcer say "a goal from Milano-Johnson with an assist from Milano-Johnson".

I so wonder what your life would be like right now Jeff at age 24.  Would you be shorter or taller or around the same height as Doug? Would you have facial hair of any kind? Where would you be working or would you still be in school? Would you have played lacrosse in college? I can't imagine you not doing that.  Would you be living close to Doug? close to me?

I feel so cheated when I think of the years we could have had together -- you could have had on this earth...

I miss you so. I love you so -- more than a thousand universes - more than infinity.