One of Jeff's New Faces

One of Jeff's New Faces

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

James and Jeff

James and Jeff

Jeff and Lauren

Jeff and Lauren

Sunday, June 1, 2014

7th Annual

Just got finished with the 7th annual Jeff Milano-Johnson Memorial Lax Tourney.  It went very well. The weather today was exquisite -in the 70s/80s.  We had 32 teams.  Two ROCE6 teams. No arguments over the silent auction items. No arguments over ref calls. It was perfect - almost.  At one point there were a bunch of boys circling my brother who was posting the scores of the games  --maybe 10-15 of them. They were so pumped. It was great to see...until I realized that all of them were about the same age as Jeff was when he died.

I love the tournament. It helps me keep going. I love knowing that I helped bring that kind of joy into the lives of so many guys -- especially the kids in the city who have but one tourney a year to attend and this is it. It means a great deal to me to help kids in the city get to and thru college.  And the fund and the tournament and the scholarships --- those three are my life line...keeping me afloat since Jeffer died.

But it doesn't make the excruciating pain go away.  It just makes it more bearable.

I miss you so much Jeffer.   I love you more than a million universes --- more than infinity.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Mom