One of Jeff's New Faces

One of Jeff's New Faces

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Doug and Jeff Christmas 2005

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

Coach Whipple, the boys, Jim and I

James and Jeff

James and Jeff

Jeff and Lauren

Jeff and Lauren

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Been Gone Too Long

I am so happy Jeffer that I am back online.  Part of my disappearance was due to the craziness of life and part was due to the fact that I couldn't figure out how to continue to post.  Thank God I figured it out -- with a little help from a friend.

Doug started his job several weeks ago working at Lower Manhattan Hospital in the Critical Care Unit as a PA. I think -- no I know -- that his interest in both medicine and critical care came from his experience of your death. It is amazing how much you effected (or is it affected?) and continue to effect/affect so many people.

Your fund is going pretty well -- better than expected.  It is not the amount of money we have raised but rather the lives we get to touch by honoring you and running a regional lacrosse tournament, giving scholarships to and helping kids in the city and consoling bereaved parents and families.

This year for the first time ever -- Aunt Peggy, Linda, Cathy and Uncle Pretzel all came and worked at the tournament along with Aunt Ellen and Uncle Don.  It was incredible Jeff!  It was such a huge comfort having them at it and an incredible feeling sharing the experience with them. And because of that, the tournament this year was the best ever!  Some of the scholarship kids worked at the tournament so we could get to know them better and they could get to feel a part of a larger effort that is helping others. After interviewing myself and Jamichael and Desiree, the media produced a excellent clip of the event. Afterwords, the family stayed that night and the next morning. I truly felt blessed, Jeff.  I know you were looking down over it all and of course grinning and thinking "AND IT IS ALL TO CELEBRATE ME!".  You always were so humble, bud!  (HA! HA!)

One of the reasons I am writing now Jeff is that I need your help.  I am on the verge of making a major decision and I am scared.  I need lots of prayers and know that you are better connected than any one else (except maybe Mom and Dad). I am asking -- no I am begging -- that you help me out here.  I am at the crossroads.  I pray that I make the right decisions.  I know I must listen to my heart but what do you do if your heart is pulling you in different directions?  So as I near decision making time I am recalling the past -- that which we went through as a family -- your Dad leaving us.  I thought I was breaking. And that was nothing compared to your death. I remember feeling scared and unable to look ahead at all -- I remember feelings of doubt -- feelings of dread -- lacking of self-confidence and hope.  But with God's help and the help of family and friends I made it through those times. So I am asking, Jeff, that you continue to show me signs of your presence and continue to watch over me and guide me. I really really need it right now. I love you so much honey. More than a million universes.   Mom